Multi-Engine Instructor (MEI) – $6,500
Financing options are available! Contact us to find out more!
Note: Practical Exam (Checkride) with DPE is not included. This is paid directly to the DPE ($800 add-on, $900 MEI) on the day of the test.
Note: Student must already have 9 hours of multi PIC time prior to starting this program. Rental options are available prior to program start, if needed.
- All training documents
- 6 hours of aircraft rental, plus usage of the aircraft for the checkride.
- 3 hours of Dual Instruction on one of our FAA approved BATD Flight Simulators – designed to expediate your training.
- Unlimited Solo usage of the simulator to prepare for the practical exam.
- Ground instruction
Call us to schedule YOUR training
Pricing & Payment
$400 Course Deposit Link: https://www.flightcircle.com/shop/0462423a29fb/4000004399
- Commercial Multi-Engine Add-on (CAMEL) – $5,000
- Multi-Engine Instructor (MEI) – $5,000
- Initial Commercial Multi-Engine – $11,999
- Hourly Rental – Dual/Wet Rate – Contact us for rates. Rates are subject to change.
Completing the course in less time does not constitute a refund. Allotted checkride time cannot be used for training or vise-versa.
The Buddy System!
Multiple students may be completing the program during the same timeframe as you. This is a proven method of conducting the training and emphasizes the training material and flying skills required to pass the program. In addition, you can help each other with the material and network! By “backseat” flying in the twin, you’ll reenforce the required information for the program. This “backseat” flying is not loggable flight time.
Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE) available on field. DPE is not on staff but readily available for our program. The DPE we use only conducts Multi-Engine and Seaplane practical exams (checkrides) and is not backed up with 2+ months of Private/Instrument checkrides. If training cannot be completed in the allotted time, aircraft is billed at the hourly dual/wet rate.
Program Details: Checkride fee is not included and is paid directly to the DPE ($800 add-on, $900 MEI). Dual training is roughly 6 hours a day followed by self study.
FAA Wings credit will be awarded after training and after the checkride. Completing the course in less time does not constitute a refund.
Call us to schedule!
Please note: We do not “have a DPE on staff.” We request scheduling the training at least 2 weeks in the future, from when you register for the course, so we can secure a DPE for your checkride.
Please come prepared to complete the training in the allotted time! After the first day of training, your MEI should have an idea on if you can complete the course in the allotted time. Some students require additional training, which is billed at the hourly Wet/Dual rate.
We will email the Course material to you after we receive confirmation of the deposit. If you don’t receive the Course Guide please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get it to you ASAP!
- We need to prove U.S. Citizenship prior to training starting. See our TSA page for documentation we can use for this requirement.
- All flights are scheduled through Flight Circle (www.flightcircle.com)
- Clients need to have a Flight Circle account for us to schedule the flights. Paying the deposit will create an account in Flight Circle for you.
- Verify you are entering your information correctly!! This is the information we will use to contact you!
What to Expect...
What to Expect:
- 1st day – Paperwork (TSA, IACRA, other) and final payment
- Training will not start without TSA requirements being met.
- Training starts with reviewing the pre-training at home exam followed by reviewing flight maneuvers thoroughly prior to taking a seat at our BATD flying a Seneca 1 nearly identical to N1369T and then actually flying the plane!
- Please be aware that your Flight Instructor is expecting your instrument (IFR) currency and proficiency to be suitable to complete training.
Note: Self study is expected during the training. Chair flying and what we like to call “mental” flying is a great learning method for succeeding in this type of training.
Learn 2 Fly CT, LLC requires seven (7) days’ notice for cancellations or changes with training dates. Students giving less than seven (7) days’ notice forfeit their deposit. A new training deposit of $400 will be charged to secure a new training date. Cancelations are confirmed via email.
The remaining balance is due prior to training beginning and will be collected the first day. A $200 program deposit is available at this link. Payment methods include:
- Bank Check – made payable to Learn 2 Fly CT, LLC
- Credit/Debit card
Don’t Forget – Checklist!
Don’t forget to bring with you on the first day of training:
- TSA Requirement
- Government Issued Photo ID (Driver’s License or Passport)
- FAA Medical Certificate
- Pilot Certificate(s)
- FAA Written Exam Results (original copy) – Initial Multi Program requirement.
- Pilot Logbooks – accurate and up to date
- Take Home Exam – COMPLETED
- Sample W&B – COMPLETED
- Flight Maneuvers & “Flows” – Memorized
- When was the last time you flew IFR (instrument current)?
- Where will you be staying while training with us? Recommendations coming soon!
Coming to the training overly prepared is needed for success in this accelerated program. Coming to training under prepared could result in additional Flight/Ground instruction as every student learns at their own pace.
Hartford-Brainard Airport (KHFD)
20 Lindbergh Dr., Hangar 1
Hartford, CT 06114